Tuesday 6 September 2011

A (nearly) Penniless Patchwork Quilt

So I've been a bit naughty recently. I was taking a break from all this RKG stuff and decided to make some floral curtains for my bedroom. Along my hunt for the perfect floral fabric online, I discovered FREE SAMPLES! I figured that when something's free, you can't really go wrong and before I could stop myself I'd ordered about 50! Obviously for my curtains I only need one print, but seeing all those little unwanted scraps on the floor made the sewing cogs in my head turn.

I've always wanted to make a patchwork quilt, but until now I'd thought it a little advanced for me. But then how hard can it be to seam a load of squares together? So that's what I did. I used all my samples which seem to fit wonderfully together and then finished the quilt with a larger fabric on the back and stuffed it with wadding.






So, I'm not saying you should go and get 50 fabric samples with no intention to buy, but they can be put to very good use. Never throw your little sewing scraps away either cause you never know when you might need them!

RKG

No comments:

Post a Comment