Wednesday 7 September 2011

Charity Shop Chic

Look at my lovely new fabrics!




I usually find shopping a chore. Thousands of delightful dress shapes in the wrong print alongside an array of weird and wonderful 'fashion' items of the season, hideous besides their lovely prints. I don't know why but I never seem to find a garment which ticks both boxes!

This is why I enjoy charity shopping for new fabulous fabric. I can let my eye wander the room for a second and instantly spy a dozen must have fabrics from night dresses, to frumpy skirts. The joy is that item itself doesn't really matter!


The linen section never lets me down. You are always guaranteed a beautiful vintage print on an old bedspread or table cloth or a nice pair of curtains. So unique and authentic and you get so much more for your money than you would new on the roll. (Just make sure you wash it first!)



I also came across some nice old blouses and shirts and I was drawn in by the lovely buttons.




And a lovely old Laura Ashley dress with a unique floral print, it was only £1.50!


RKG Loves Charity Shopping!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment