Monday 12 December 2011

Baby Elsa's Rainbow Quilt

Earlier this month I had a special request for a patchwork quilt. The four month old owner, (well her mum) desired a small quilt that could fit in a baby cot yet grow with her at the same time. I was told to use bold colours and nothing overly girly like baby pink. This is what I have come up with...



The underside is bold red polka dots. I quilted the squares with red thread and added a small border.



I had some left over polyester wadding so I decided to make two matching cushions to match! Elsa doesn't know yet so shhhh... She'll find out on Thursday!


This quilt measures just over a metre long by 85cms. I do not have any children, however, have been told that this is the perfect size to fit in a cot and a buggy, yet would also make a nice sized blanket on a small single bed. It's all wrapped up and ready to go now, as am I - I have the flu boo!

If you like what you see, as always you can message me for requests. Just include the size you would like, whether you would like small or large squares and if you fancy any matching cushions. I will get back to you with a quote and the fancy fun details such as colour can then be sorted out!

Lots of Quilting Love,
RKG xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment