Tuesday 1 November 2011

eBay!

Hi there!
I've put a few bits and pieces on eBay this week, here's a little preview.


 To the left and below are a couple of my tie up blouses. Inspired by festival goers and landgirls from the 1940s, these blouses are both practical and comfy but also chic and versatile. 


 The blouses are fitted and flattering with secure seams finished with a zig zag for a vintage appeal! (These seams are inside the garment). This means that the garment will be fitted even without being tied – it makes it easier for tucking into trousers or a skirt.The ties have been loosely hemmed and can easily be tied at the front.

If the blouse is tied tightly and worn with something more low rise on the bottom half, then your torso may be visible, however, if tied more loosely and worn with something high waisted, less or no torso will be visible.

 The blouses all come in many different prints and sizes and I aim to upload a couple of new designs every week so keep an eye out.


 Here are a couple of my handmade tote bags. All of these tote bags are completely unique and made with care, I never make two the same! The inner seams are backstitched and zig zagged for that vintage appeal and to add extra strength. The straps are attached with the famous tote cross-stitching to help reinforce the structure. 

Each bag measures approximately 14 Inches Wide by 15 Inches Tall.
The perfect statement bag that you can chuck your whole life in!



 I also produce larger tote box bags, perfect for a day out or a night away!


Above are a couple of my vintage style laundry bags. The bags can also be used as a gift or Christmas bag for something more special. All of my laundry bags are completely unique and made with care.
Each inner seam is backstitched and zig zagged which looks so shabby chic vintage, yet gives the bag that extra strength. 
Each bag includes two straps which can be hung up on a door or hook and can be pulled tightly closed. The strap holes are hemmed loosely by hand. Whether it’s for presents or dirty socks – these bags will make anything look pretty!

Below is one of my vintage quilts. (It's actually the finished product from my tutorial post) I will be adding the third step very shortly!



This quilt is made up of florals, ginghams and polka dots.


The reverse of the quilt is blue and white polka dots.


Also included in this listing are two small matching polka dot cushions!


This is just one of my new handmade quilts for my 2011 collection. All of my quilts are completely unique and made with care.
All of my quilts are made of a number of squares, attached from the inside with a matching backing fabric. They are then stuffed with polyester wadding and quilted to keep a neater structure.


The wadding for this quilt is 4oz.
Some of the fabrics are new so I would advise washing on a low temperature to prevent colour run. Try to avoid ironing, but if necessary try to use a low heat. The quilting should prevent the quilt from bunching.
This quilt measures 55 Inches by 60 Inches and is made up of 90 squares. Not manufacturer perfect but adds to a vintage shabby chic appeal.  A fantastic quilt for inside and outside the house that looks great on a sofa, chair or bed!
I will continue to upload new items every week! The items available represent the different style products that I aim to produce. Over Christmas I will also include a festive line of clothing and home wear and some classic Xmas Jumpers! I also upload many other vintage items that I do not sew or alter, just to give them a second home and to make you look fabulous at the same time!
Check me out on eBay my username is red_kettle_girls
 http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/red_kettle_girls/m.html?hash=item2a154f32bf&item=180746138303&pt=UK_Women_s_Vintage_Clothing&_trksid=p4340.l2562
(I think the link above links you to the items I'm selling).
RKG XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment