Tuesday 13 December 2011

Dogs and Ducks

Now, I've made a few quilts in my time, but on this occasion I wanted to try something a bit different.

I've recently scoured the internet for some free sample curtain fabric for my bedroom and also to explore some fabrics. I discovered these delightful animal prints which quite honestly make me go 'ahhhh'.



The animal fabrics were made up of dogs, ducks, chickens and geese. I even made a matching goose pillow!


The fabrics surrounding the animals include some dark florals and gingham and the backing fabric is dark blue floral. I like to look at every piece and remember where it's from 'a dress, a charity shop, a free sample etc'. 

As I was creating this quilt, I kept thinking 'this would look so perfect in a little house in the countryside', so I thought it was a lovely coincidence when the lucky eBay winner informed me that she will be taking it to her country cottage in Wales!


Part of me is very sad to see this one go!

RKG x

No comments:

Post a Comment