Tuesday 13 March 2012

Patchworks and Pussycats

So, as promised, here are the fruits of my labour from yesterdays sewathon. I'm so glad to have my mum's Mothers Day present sorted, it was beginning to feel like Id's left it too late! And what's more- it's all handmade!


I've created a 'cat' soft toy and a matching patchwork cushion. I know the identity of the toy is very interpretive, however, I like the shabby chic appeal and he is remarkably cute in his own way. I stuffed the cushion and cat with 4oz polyester wadding, surprisingly the cat has significantly more stuffing to weigh the body section down and help him to sit up.

I chose colours that match my mums' bedroom and prints repeated through both the cushion and cat to help tie the two gifts together. I do hope she likes what I've made for her!

RKG x

No comments:

Post a Comment